Monday, July 23, 2007

shaving cream marbleizing

Most often, I don't really fret all that much about stamp alignment ... but every now and then the anal retentiveness really kicks in and I want something aligned PERFECTLY. When that happens I pull out the Stamp-a-ma-jig (see below post), which I used on this card.

See how the word "Love" and the below description are so nicely spaced? You thought perhaps they were one stamp?! Nah!

Good ol' Crystal taught my stampin' club the shaving cream method to create the marbleized effect of the background on white, and the rest is Stampin' Up! stamps, 'tho it may be hard to see the heart background on the dark pink cardstock. I LOVE this stamp set ... but don't own it. So much to pick from ... and so little time!

Beate Johns has posted the shaving cream marbleizing technique on Split Coast Stampers. Enjoy!

No comments: