Thursday, July 28, 2011

you are the best

Today's thank you card is for this week's Tuesday Trigger: Squares to Cherish challenge over on the Moxie Fab World blog, inspired by the colors in the pictured quilt, below. These were the first three colors of distress stain that I'd purchased, just within the last couple of weeks too. Strange coincidence, eh?! They come in bottles with dauber applicators, so I just daubed some of each color on the stamp, spritzed it with water, and inked the card stock, then mounted and popped up the matted piece. Easy peasy!

A quick post tonight as it's after 10 p.m. and I'm sleepy. Thanx for stopping in, and I'll catch you later!

stamps: Hero Arts' Antique Brocade, Technique Tuesday's AE Smooch; paper: American Crafts' textured white and Paper Reflections' black card stocks; inks: Ranger's Distress Stain in broken china, dusty concord, and peeled paint

19 comments:

cheryl (clee') said...

That is stunning - now I want to try that with some of my larger stamps too!

Anonymous said...

Okay, you make it sound so easy. You just dabbed them on? Your image is perfect! I really like the black mat you chose too- really works for the inspiration piece!

Lisa said...

Such a classy card!

farmhouse-story said...

i love the technique you used to achieve this pretty look! i'll have to try it!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Sue! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World. I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

JJ Bolton said...

Love how it turned out! And thanks for the "how-to". I'm definitely going to try that technique!

Christina said...

Gorgeous stamping! I love the variegated look of the pattern. Congrats on being named a Trigger Target!

Virginia L. said...

Love your stamping!! Congrats on the TT!! Well-deserved!

Lola G. said...

Hmmm. I didn't think I "needed" the stains. Thanks for proving me wrong!

Michelle Lupton said...

Congrats on being a TT on Moxie Fab this week!

Michelle said...

Congratulations on being a Trigger Target with this gorgeous card. I love the effect you have created. Now I have to go and get some distress stains to try it for myself, LOL!
Michelle.

C said...

Congrats on your TT spot! Beautiful creation.

Yvonne Garner said...

Fab card! Congrats on winning. Well deserved.

Erum Tasneem said...

fabulous! congrats on being the TT

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your TT! This card is totally awesome, such a great take on the inspiration!

Mandee said...

What a beautifully stunning card! Congrats on winning the Tuesday Trigger!

Becca Sadler said...

KUDOS! Your card for the Tuesday Trigger is stunning!

Kelly Massman said...

How pretty! Congrats on the Moxie Fab nod!

Alice said...

this is gorgeous! love your take on the trigger and congrats on your win!