Tuesday, October 18, 2011

black and white and ...

If you're a frequent visitor here, you know one of my fav color combos is black and white and a punch of color ... well, how 'bout a black and white Halloween card for this week's Cas-ual Fridays CFC24 challenge? It's actually to make a Halloween card without any orange, and this one fits that bill! I've made lots of seasonal cards with the main image and snowflakes or fall leaves or butterflies at the different angles but didn't know if I'd made one with bats! I had a hard time finding bats in my stash of stamps, however! I had plenty of stamps that included a bat or two in the background, but finally found this cluster of bats in an sei stamp set I'd picked up a couple years back at a Mega Meet. So ... for this simple card (think KISS - Keep It Simple, Silly) I first inked in Versamark, then distress ink, to ensure I got the necessary coverage over the textured card stock. Easy peasy!

stamps: mike's craft smart haunted house goodness, sei's eerie alley; paper: AC textured white, Paper Reflections' black card stocks; ink: Versamark, Ranger's black soot distress ink

edited 10/21/2011 to add: woot! woot! my card was selected for the VIP club at Cas-ual Fridays! thanx, ladies!

3 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Wonderful spooky card Sue...love the flocks of fluttery bats!

Laura Davis said...

Awesome work!!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

This is FABULOUS!! Love every detail - amazing images! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!!