Thursday, December 22, 2011

play date cafe #112

After eats w some friends and exchanging presents, I returned home to neaten my PC desk, and this heidi swapp Christmas theme tape set was one of the things I'd left out, fully intending to make a Christmas card from it this year. So ... before putting it away, I made this quick card. THEN I started blog trolling and spotted this week's play date cafe PDCC112 inspiration and colorQ CQC116 challenges. Their colors look pretty darn close to my card, eh?! I still want to try my hand at a plaid using a new-to-me plaid stamp set I recently acquired!


stamps: SU's Christmas Greetings; paper: JoAnn's CraftEssentials' ivory A2 cards; ink: SU's Cherry Cobbler; accessories: heidi swapp's Christmas theme tapes

6 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Excellent card, lovey our colour choices.

LeAnne said...

I just love this....this style appeals to me and the patterns you've used are perfect for the challenge! Thanks for playing with us at the CQC!

Colleen Dietrich said...

What a wonderful way to use strips of paper, Sue! You've definitely inspired me.

Hope your holidays were Merry, and thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

TuKara said...

Simple,excellent et magnifique cart!!!!

Jinny Newlin said...

LOVE the way those strips of paper mimic tape! Fabulous take on our color story, Sue! Thanks so much for joining us at The Play Date Cafe!

Ruby said...

As someone else said what a great way to use up scraps, I must remember to do this simple style more often, thanks for the inspiration and for joining in with us over at The Play Date Cafe & Happy New Year!