Sunday, November 18, 2007

ramblings ... this and that

It's Sunday and one of my Sunday traditions is to watch CBS's Sunday Morning show. I love it and have watched it since before Charles Kuralt retired, and since passed away. It's got a nice neighborly feel to the news and pieces of interest, and is on right now in the background as I update the blog.

On today's card, I dusted off an older tool. Beate's weekend challenge called for a circular piece mounted on a card, and I didn't have any large circle punches, so I pulled out my old Creative Memories' circle cutter. Now, they'd long since quit selling the old version that I used in favor of their more recent custom cutting system (which, yes, I admit I also have ... it's all about the toys, right?!). Originally offered with circles and ovals (and, using the different blades provided, this version cuts up to 18 different size circles), they now also offer a gemstone and wavy version. The older version was the first one I found in my scrapping stash and I pulled that out, but I've used this one lots also, and it's easy to use also. I recall when they offered the original cutter that cut only circular cuts telling my CM demonstrator that she should tell her engineer hubby to design something to cut varying sizes of oval mats, but someone beat him to it!

Have you watched the Inside Scrapbooking video available at MockUTV.com ? If you haven't, click the link to check out their preview. A spoof on all things scrappish, the kind folkes at MockUTV are donating $1 from every DVD sold through January 1st towards Autism Support Daily. Betcha PB didn't know he was a "scrubby!"

No comments: