Saturday, June 5, 2010

congrats, Eileen!

A buddy of mine recently graduated - she's been working full-time, taking online classes part time toward her Bachelors degree - and I JUST got back from the celebrations. I took the pic of this card with my cell phone earlier as my youngest son borrowed my camera today, so pardon the picture quality, but it was better than the scan I tried. I picked the colors and stars theme from the party invite that her co-worker used (cute invite, Donna!). I like tent-fold cards ... AND recycling ... this ribbon's some I'd saved for future purple card use. It's a bit glitzy so the color's a bit off in the picture ... such is life, eh?! The layers are popped up - the star and the center layer that the ribbon's on.

stamps: All Night Media's fur's class (not shown - my "non-stamp" used on the envelope), Paper Inspirations' mortar board, Johanna's owl (inside sentiment), SU's Congrats,Classic Stars wheel, and Polka Dot BK; ink: SU's Elegant Eggplant, studio g's white, VersaMark; paper: SU's Barely Banana, Elegant Eggplant, Shimmery White card stocks; accessories: recycled purple ribbon

2 comments:

Kimberly R said...

Nice card - haven't tried the ribbon thing yet. Looking forward to Thursday.

Bev Gerard said...

Great "recycling" ... this ribbon is perfect for such a cool card!