Sunday, July 31, 2011

CAS124 shoes & friends

My older brother was local visiting my Mom this past week and all four of us sibs got together near my sister's home as it's midway between my younger brother and Mom, who live within a couple miles of each other, and my home. Good suggestion! I'm pleased to report that my niece, who's recovering from injuries sustained in a car accident about a year ago, has started a new phase in her road to recovery by volunteering at the place she used to hostess at. It was nice to see all the regulars greeting her back!

After brunch with my sibs and Mom, it was time for Jac to get back on the road home to VA. Karen took me to her Zumba class, and afterward we stopped in at Scrap Tales, a local shop that's announced it's closing and I purchased this sentiment stamp (I knew I had multiple shoe stamps ... have others too, but the card was starting to get a bit crowded, LOL!). Then we headed next door to a consignment shop that's among the cluster of shops by Scrap Tales, where we both lucked out - Karen found 2 tops and I found one. There was a quilt shop there too, but that'll be another day trip! Nice day!

The new stamp's one of MSE's innie & outie line - the shorter phrase is intended for the outside of the card, and the longer portion for the inside of the card - but I liked using it all on the front of this card. The inside was just used for my note to my sister, and to return a few bookmarks she'd picked up at Scrap Tales that were in my bag and we forgot to sort our purchases before I headed for home. A long card was called for to return her stuff, you see, so today I stamped! And it's a bit of a stretch, but mainly one of my fav color combos - that of black, white, and a splash of color!

Thanks for dropping by!

stamps: A Muse Artstamps' golf shoe and slip-on, MSE's shoes & friends, SU's First in Fashion and Scene in a Garden; paper: Basic Grey's two scoops and s-e-i's Mimosa DP, Paper Reflections' black and Staples' white card stocks; inks: SU's Cherry Cobbler and Crumb Cake, Ranger's peeled paint distress stain and black soot distress ink

No comments: