Sunday, June 1, 2008

a day late, dollar short?

OK, OK, so I'm still show-'n-telling Memorial Day cards ... but it was actually yesterday here in the states! We conveniently celebrate some holidays on Mondays to make for long weekends, and Memorial Day happens to be one of these. I just figure it gives us a longer timeframe to commemorate the day!

I made this card for a buddy of mine who I met at Kettering University when I started working there some 14+ years ago, became friends with, then later found out I was actually related to by marriage. Life is strange sometimes, eh?!

It's made with the alternate set of colors for this week's Splitcoaststampers color challenge 167, and Taylor's cupcake challenge 17 from last week. It's matted on whisper white, but that may be hard to make out on this picture - it's a scanned version of the card as I'm temporarily without camera. Have I mentioned that I'm addicted to challenges? Admitting you have a problem is the first step toward recovery, right?! Only this is one addiction I don't want to be delivered from, LOL!

stamps: Heidi Swapp's Remember, SU's Classic Stars jumbo wheel; paper: SU's bashful blue, certainly celery, night of navy, whisper white cardstocks; inks: SU's night of navy; accessories: SU certainly celery ribbon, star/circle brad look-alikes created from a couple Fiskar hand-held punches

2 comments:

Pat said...

So cool! You do good stuff. Thought I would check a few blogs before going to bed. Have a good week.

LeAnne said...

Wonderful card! Thanks for the reminder to "remember"!
LeAnne