Friday, October 24, 2008

The Stamper (I can relate!)

THE STAMPER by Jackie Saxby 1999

I started out with just one stamp
and when I bought some more
I decided that a shoe box
Would make an ideal store.

Then as I added inks and pens,
My stamp collection grew
So I bought a roomy plastic crate
It would last for years, I knew.

Embossing then became my thing
With powders and a heat gun,
Metallics, tinsels, pearls and clear,
I soon had every one.

By now my lovely plastic crate
Was spilling everywhere
And my glitter glue collection
Lay scattered on a chair.

My husband started muttering
And said things had to stop,
So I bought a huge old wardrobe
At the local charity shop.

But after a while,
I couldn't shut the door
And I put shelves in the spare room
To accomodate yet more.

Our house is now for sale,
Something larger being sought,
By the way, did I show you
The latest stamp I bought ...

No comments: