Sunday, January 11, 2009

cabbage roll casserole

The lovely and talented Cambria Turnbow of Stamp A Little Love, Baby blog fame has blog candy in exchange for recipes (and LOVES her crock pot, hint! hint!) ... so head on over if you're interested in participating! Here's a fav of mine that I haven't made in a while. Do you like cabbage rolls? Then you'll LOVE this one!

Cabbage Roll Casserole
from the kitchens of Paula White & Martha Kuchar

1 lb hamburg, browned
1/2 onion, chopped
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
6 tbl uncooked instant rice
add tot meat and simmer 3-4 minutes

(see shortcut below or add these ingredients and mix well:)
1 10-3/4 oz can tomato soup
1 soup can water
1 8-oz can tomato sauce
1 tsp sugar

(the shortcut? I just use my fav 28-oz jar of spaghetti sauce)

1 sm head cabbage - cut into medium pieces and line bottom of 2-qt casserole
gently pour meat mixture on top - DO NOT STIR!
cover and bake 325 degrees fahrenheit for 2 hrs

Enjoy! I'll try to remember to post a pic next time I make it ... maybe this week!?

1 comment:

Claudia said...

Hi Sue! Thanks for the recipe - I'll try it soon. The card is really cool.