Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Earth Day 2009

Here's a card I made for my sister based on last Friday's sketch #229 from the Card Sketch A Day blog. It's a trip down Memory Lane, as I recall us attending the first Earth Day celebrations in Philadelphia PA where we lived in 1970. Wow, how time flies when you're having fun, eh?!


stamps: SU's Branch Out, Lots of Dots; paper: SU's Kraft and Old Olive, Paper Reflections' black cardstocks; ink: StazOn Jet Black, SU's Always Artichoke, Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Mellow Moss, Not Quite Navy, Old Olive; accessories: SU's Old Olive grosgrain ribbon, globe pic from the Internet

2 comments:

Jan Scholl said...

Sue-this is the nicest Earth Day card I came across today. The simplicity of it lets the message stand out. I think I have enought scraps to make a lot of this sketch which I have copied to my special file (post it notes all over my screen) which I will recycle when I need to see what I am doing someday.

Son in Iowa got sunburned today so guess what we have coming? Warm and maybe humid. woo hoo.

Mari said...

You are one creative gal! Love the card.