Monday, December 21, 2009

happy b'day, Beth's friend!

Every now and then I'm called upon to make a card for someone at work, and this one's for Beth's friend. They travel a lot together, so I used the boat and loaded presents in the little dinghy. It's based on the CPS144 sketch. I'm hooked on sketches and almost always start cards using 'em. So, do the papers I used make you think of starry skies, sandy beaches, and the water? Sigh ... it didn't to my DH! The "sandy" background is stamped repeatedly using a "birthday" definition stamp, and the circle and square and puffs of smoke are all popped up using dimensionals of varying heights. I smudged ink around the circle piece to give it a bit more definition.

stamps: Hero Arts' birthday definition, SU's Boatloads of Love, Loads of Love Accessories, and Heard from the Heart (inside sentiment); paper: BasicGrey Dasher, My Mind's Eye Bohemia, SU's Kraft; ink: Ranger Black Soot distress ink, Tri-C watercolor markers, Versamark; accessories: Basic Grey metal art, Hirschberg Schultz cord trim

No comments: