Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Pantone Unveils Color of the Year for 2010

I have regular "gals' day out" outings with 3 friends (4 buddies, 4 hearts - get it?!) and we generally take in a movie and eats. This weekend's Barb's birthday, so she gets to select the movie and restaurant (I'll post a review afterward). Here's the b'day card I made using Jessica Sprague's One Buck Wednesday offerings - the DP's Orchard & Broome's West 4th collection in cool tones (7 coordinating DPs in 12x12" jpg format). Pretty stuff, eh?! The inside matted rectangle and hearts are all popped up using dollar store dimensionals I picked up recently when shopping w Kimmie.

... AND it just so happens that I'd been intending (I recall my Mom used to tell me, "the road to Hell is paved with good intentions ...") to make a turquoise card in honor of Pantone naming turquoise the color of the year for 2010.

... which reminds me, how are YOU pronouncing 2010? Is it twenty-ten, or two-thousand-ten, or, like the Golf Channel, are you using two-K-ten?!

stamps: studio g's series 30 and VS4911 (inside sentiment), Karen's single birthday candle; paper: Orchard & Broome's West 4th - Cool DP, unknown white card stock; ink: ColorBox silver pigment

No comments: