Wednesday, July 7, 2010

happy b'day Kim/updates

I made this card for my buddy Kim's birthday, and was pretty pleased to see how well the ribbon matched the card stock. Sometimes things just work out that way, eh?! My fav couple SU colors are Kiwi Kiss and Old Olive so I'm glad they didn't retire BOTH with the new catty. My card was inspired by this one posted recently on Kristina Werner's blog. Here's a strange coincidence: I like the postage stamp edge punch that Kristina used on her card, and Kim got me a couple postage stamp punches for either a birthday or Christmas present a year or so ago.

My DH and I golfed this afternoon on my work place league even though there are heat advisories posted until 6 a.m. tomorrow. I hydrated all day, and we stocked up on ice water, and took a towel that we'd soaked in cool water and stored in a cooler. Even with all our preparation, my stomach's upset right now and I'm attributing it to the heat. I don't do well in HOT weather but I DID golf okay (for me, that is!) and scored 5 strokes under my average.

stamps: PAPERTREYink's paper tray, SU's Heard from the Heart, and Pretty Petals BK, and studio g's series 46; paper: A1's Neenah Classic Natural White, Paper Reflections' black, and SU's Kiwi Kiss and Purely Pomegranate card stocks; ink: Ranger's black soot distress, SU's Kiwi Kiss and Purely Pomegranate; accessories: unknown dotted ribbon; tools: ek success' scallop diamond border punch

updates on my niece and her son, 7/6: What a difference in Nick from Saturday! He's now giggling, talking, enjoying DVDs, and started on solid foods! It was such a blessing to see him interacting with his Dad and G'pa Mike on our visit Tuesday afternoon! Nick's sutures had been removed and Jen's neck brace was removed - it's so nice to see improvements every visit! Kevin and grandparents met with hospital personnel to discuss the next steps in his treatment today. I shared with Jen about how geeked we were in seeing Nick's progress, before we headed for home. Can hardly wait to see Jen flash a smile again! Thanx again for your prayers.

1 comment:

Nat said...

wonderful ribbon, your friend will love this card!!