Sunday, January 9, 2011

Pantone unveils Color of the Year for 2011

I'm on a quest these past few days, making Valentine's Day cards in advance of when I actually need them ... I know, what a concept, eh?! My brother still teases me about the time he announced a girlfriend had pulled into our driveway, and rather than head to the door, I sprinted to the bedroom to wrap her Christmas present! Hey, why rush things, I figured ...

I made today's card last night just before heading to bed, from a kit I'd won as blog candy from a Paper Crafts mag blog post last year. I hadn't pulled it together as I had no need for it yet (you see, things haven't changed much here ...).

I just realized today that, as I'd been missing the green DP heart they used in the kit, that I'd printed off LAST year's tribute to Pantone's 2010 color of the year - some turquoise digi-DP I'd ordered from Jessica Sprague's One Buck Wednesday offerings - the DP's Orchard & Broome's West 4th collection in cool tones (7 coordinating DPs in 12x12" jpg format). It may be a little hard to tell from the small picture, but the blues in the heart reflect the blue stripes in the brown ribbon ... and the brownish-gray in the heart's DP seems happy paired w the ribbon as well. So, isn't today's card timely?!

As we celebrate a new year, Pantone (the industry standard for all things color), has named honeysuckle as its new color of the year - a beautiful reddish-pink that they describe as courageous, confident, and vital. Look for it to pick up steam in the fashion and crafting worlds. I don't lean towards bright colors often but this looks like a great color to pair with black and white, kraft, or browns, just to name a few color combos. Doesn't viewing it automatically make you think that spring can't be far off?!

stamps: n/a (PC-generated sentiment); paper: BoBunny's Blush Dot, My Mind's Eye Happy Days, Orchard & Broome's West 4th collection, unknown white card stock; ink: n/a (pre-printed sentiment); accessories: American Crafts' Stitch ribbon; tools: Marvy Uchida corner rounder

2 comments:

Amy Kilbreath said...

This is beautiful! I found your blog from SCS and Susan's blog... so glad I did!

Quick question: What font do you use for your sentiments? Love it! Thanks!

SueB said...

Amy, this one happened to be a pre-printed sentiment and I don't know what it was ... normally I switch between Blackjack and Ali's Handwriting, but I AM a self-proclaimed fontaholic too, and have probably way too many!