Friday, December 2, 2011

happy b'day sue

I got together with friends for eats and entertainment this weekend to celebrate Sue's birthday. Rather than a movie, this weekend we took in a craft show at the Davison High School. Afterward we headed to Lucky's, a local steakhouse - YUM! - where I had a filet with sweet potato, sauteed onion and mushrooms, and hot bread 'n butter. At the craft show I found a really cute black wool hat ('cuz those who know me will realize I NEEDED another hat, right?!) complete with black feathers and bling for decoration, and got a cute cedar birdhouse for my sweetie. This crafty lady covers hand-made cedar bird houses with peanut butter and asst'd seed, then adds a bit of "bling" - mine's got a sprig of wheat and red berries by the entry.

Sue's favorite color is blue. Isn't it great that I had this blue 'n crumb cake card saved aside for her? I made it at a recent Stamp Camp with the lovely and talented Angie Jarman ... there's one coming up this week, if you're in the Flint MI area - see my "sites I visit" links in my blog sidebar! No deets today, as they were all supplied in class.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very pretty card! I grew up in Bay City and spent a ton of time in Flint with my cousins. It was a blast to realize you are a blogger from the old stomping ground. I live in a suburb of Indianapolis. http://visionsofpaper.blogspot.com/