Saturday, October 26, 2013

in memory of Bill

I had the sad occasion to go to the funeral of the Dad of a close friend and colleague from work yesterday. It was a 2-hour trip, made more enjoyable by the company of my lunch crew and the beautiful fall colors. We're like extended family, 'tho we haven't known each other all that long - in some instances only 7-8 years. Though we gave him a card from our work group, I made this one to send from me and my family.

I love this embossing folder - it reminds me of a quilt pattern (a wedding ring pattern, I spotted one once that was white on white and just gorgeous!), and I kept the card simple with the addition of the bird (think dove, tho' I know it's not) and branch, and tag. I finished off by distressing the "quilt" layer and edge of card w moonlight white ink.

stamps: Avery Elle's Oh Happy Day; paper: Neenah's Solar White, SU's Brocade Blue, Sahara Sand card stocks; ink: Ranger's black soot, Tsukeneko's Moonlight White Brilliance; accessories: build-a-bird punch, Cuttlebug w Lifestyle Crafts' Dainty embossing folder

1 comment:

Nat said...

sorry to hear the sad news. I am sure your beautiful card is a source of comfort for the family. Life is way to short. hope all is good with you :)