Saturday, August 16, 2014

you are my sunshine

I like to sometimes give "no reason" cards, and today's is one of those; we've no birthday or anniversary, but it's intention is to make sure my DH is aware that he's my sunshine! I've been reading more often than stamping or stitching lately, and really want to create some samples from this uber cool card class I've been taking, occ's Stretch Your Stamps 2.

day 3 and 4 are regarding alphabet and sentiment stamps. I'd picked up the sun and sunshine word dies to create our anniversary card last month, and love the dies and related stamp set. for today's card I first used distress inks on the sun die, then included the "you are my" of the "you are my sunshine" stamp to add it to a popped up 1-1/8" circle. I popped both of those up on the base which I popped up on the top-fold card base, then added the "sunshine" die cut from the same white card stock. it's almost hanging on by a thread, as I only glued the s and u letters ... but it's not going in the mail, just getting placed on the end table next to where my DH usually sits, so it's not in much danger of being damaged. I'm a sucker for embossing folders and love the clouds.

stamps: Simon Says Stamp's Bring The Sunshine; paper: Neenah's Solar White; ink: Ranger's mustard seed and spiced marmalade distress inks; tools: Cuttlebug w Simon's Sun & Sunshine dies and Darice's cloudy day embossing folder, 1-1/8" circle punch

No comments: