today's topic: on FAV MOVIES
I didn't hit the movies as often as I would've liked this past year. one of my movie buddies has moved south and it just didn't happen all that often, but I did manage to see the following flix in order of appearance:
- Forever My Girl - even tho' it was formulaic it was still a great one
- Black Panther - the Marvel superheroes never disappoint
- I Can Only Imagine - the story behind the song, and both are favorites
- Avengers: Infinity War - the Marvel Avengers just kept on coming; I sat there thinking, "who ELSE will be in this?!" as I purposely avoided checking previews
- Book Club - nice, but I expected so much more from the stellar cast
- Solo: A Star Wars Story - I'm of the camp that you can love BOTH the Star Trek AND Star Wars series
- Oceans Eight - sigh... another stellar cast but this one was disappointing
- Yellow Submarine - awesome after all these years; nice to see the audience was mostly a 45/45/10 split between 50-65 year olds, 20-somethings, and those who brought their grandkids/kids. my 30YO son and I attended, and it's been a blast sharing the Beatles experience w him over the years (and kudos to SIRIUS for the Beatles channel)!
- Nutcracker and the Four Realms - definitely on my "to purchase" list, this one was GREAT!
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - I for one have been SO geeked that JKR decided to create prequels to the HP saga tho' I've gotta admit that, while I read each of the novels in rapid succession, I've yet to read the class books, one of which the Fantastic Beasts movies were based on. I LOVE the casting picks and anxiously await future releases.
- Ralph Breaks the Internet - I've a computer background and thought the ways they depicted technology in the film were t'riffic
- Mary Poppins Returns - sigh ... still swooning here
- Spider-Man: Into the Spider-verse - Sony, you folkes did Marvel-ous and I'm sure Stan Lee is smiling!