Tuesday, January 1, 2019

The list maker in me LOVES year end!

yep... it's all about lists, and the obsessive list maker in me LOVES year end! EVERYBODY gets into the act any my subscription emails are full of year-end lists! when I went hunting Google images for pictures to use in today's post, I even found pictures depicting lists of things to write lists about!

today's topic: on FAV MOVIES
I didn't hit the movies as often as I would've liked this past year. one of my movie buddies has moved south and it just didn't happen all that often, but I did manage to see the following flix in order of appearance:
  • Forever My Girl - even tho' it was formulaic it was still a great one
  • Black Panther - the Marvel superheroes never disappoint
  • I Can Only Imagine - the story behind the song, and both are favorites
  • Avengers: Infinity War - the Marvel Avengers just kept on coming; I sat there thinking, "who ELSE will be in this?!" as I purposely avoided checking previews
  • Book Club - nice, but I expected so much more from the stellar cast
  • Solo: A Star Wars Story - I'm of the camp that you can love BOTH the Star Trek AND Star Wars series
  • Oceans Eight -  sigh... another stellar cast but this one was disappointing
  • Yellow Submarine - awesome after all these years; nice to see the audience was mostly a 45/45/10 split between 50-65 year olds, 20-somethings, and those who brought their grandkids/kids. my 30YO son and I attended, and it's been a blast sharing the Beatles experience w him over the years (and kudos to SIRIUS for the Beatles channel)!
  • Nutcracker and the Four Realms - definitely on my "to purchase" list, this one was GREAT!
  • Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - I for one have been SO geeked that JKR decided to create prequels to the HP saga tho' I've gotta admit that, while I read each of the novels in rapid succession, I've yet to read the class books, one of which the Fantastic Beasts movies were based on. I LOVE the casting picks and anxiously await future releases. 
  • Ralph Breaks the Internet - I've a computer background and thought the ways they depicted technology in the film were t'riffic
  • Mary Poppins Returns - sigh ... still swooning here
  • Spider-Man: Into the Spider-verse - Sony, you folkes did Marvel-ous and I'm sure Stan Lee is smiling!

1 comment:

SueB said...

My sister just shared w me, “The dullest pencil can remember what the sharpest mind can forget.”