Friday, November 14, 2008

so thankful for you

I'm lovin' this DP from the kind folkes at Graphic 45 - it plays SO NICELY w my my fav SU color collection, the Earth Elements family (and old olive my most often reached for cardstock yet)! I based the card on this past Saturday's Sketch For You To Try (SFYTT) from Jen del Muro's I{heart}2stamp blog.

I stamped the window and used a craft knife to cut out the window portions, then sponged creamy caramel on the edges of the mustard cardstock I double matted it to. I'd meant to add clear acrylic as windows but forgot 'til it was all glued together ... and decided to leave it as is and just move on! The acrylic sentiment is from Ali Edwards' site - she'd posted some Thanksgiving freebie sentiments on her blog a while back. Ali's also posted a freebie font download on her blog, one I use frequently ... but then, I'm a fontaholic, and seem to collect 'em. That and needlepoint projects. I'm not saying I have lots of FINISHED needlepoint projects, mind you! sigh ... just ask my DH, whose closet floor I've taken over for that particular hobby!

the deets - stamps: SU's Window Dressing, studio g's series 20 (inside sentiment); paper: Graphic 45's Botanicabella Collection DP, SU's More Mustard, Pumpkin Pie cardstocks; ink: StazOn Jet Black, SU's Creamy Caramel, Brilliance Graphite Black, Tri-C watercolor markers; accessories: JoAnn's champagne organza ribbon, Making Memories' black mini brads

No comments: