Thursday, November 19, 2009

nuts about you!

I stopped by one of my local stamping stores a few weeks ago after seeing a similar acorn on the Web and thought I'd e-mailed myself the link to give credit where credit's due ... but now can't find that e-mail. Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most, y'know?! This cutie is made using a couple die cuts - I folded the lighter card stock in half and used a large uppercase "U," and I folded the darker card stock AFTER using a labels die. It may be hard to see the clear stamp next to the card - it's another squirrel, this time part of a Hero Arts set, holding out a heart, and I used the Kitchen Sink's "nuts about you" sentiment on the inside of the card. Right now it's buried within a group of Sudoku puzzles next to my DH's favorite chair.

Have you ever used any of Kitchen Sink's 3-step stamp sets? I purchased this one because of the squirrel but it also contains two sizes of acorns and two different leaves. My DH has been known to be pretty loud when shouting at squirrels to keep them away from our bird feeders. He's even used a squirt gun and an air gun aimed out our kitchen window. It'll come to no surprise to my close friends to know I seized the opportunity to tease him about it a couple Christmases ago by purchasing everything I could find squirrel-related. I picked up a pretty darn expensive squirrel-proof bird feeder, "will work for nuts" coffee mug and matching hat w picture of squirrel, a squirrel informative DVD, etc. ... get the idea? Now, I think the squirrels are pretty cute, and we have one that'll walk up onto our deck in the back yard and peek inside the house ... BUT ... can we talk about the woodpeckers who seem to thrive on our wood siding?! sigh ...

stamps: Hero Arts' Whoo Loves You, Kitchen Sink Stamps' 3-step Autumn Squirrel; paper: don't recall brown card stocks; ink: SU's Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip; tools: unknown die cuts borrowed from Capture-A-Memory (see link at right)

1 comment:

Lisa Somerville said...

Very creative! Great use of the Kitchen Sink Stamps.