Thursday, May 6, 2010

Great Lakes Mega Meet 2010

A couple stamping buddies and I took in the 11th annual Great Lakes Mega Meet in Novi MI on Thursday. We saw other scrapping buddies from work and play - those we see from local shops and/or vendor's classes. It was great ... and this'll be a quick post as I want to go play with my new toys still! We missed the crowd at opening and got to walk right up to the registration tables, and explore at our leisure thru the hall. There were 6 rows of 2-sided (for the most part) booths set up in the main hall of the Rock Financial Showplace with 80+ vendors. We walked thru 2-3 rows of vendors, then caught up to each other and broke for lunch at their concession area (mine was a yummy roll up sandwich and juice), then took in the remainder of the vendors. We didn't take classes this year (they offer over 50 classes, some at multiple dates/times thruout the weekend) and decided to give our feet a break and skip our previously planned excursion to a local IKEA afterward, and save that for another gals' day outing. I think our stop at Coldstone Creamery on our trip back home should be a regular pit stop - YUM!

We took very few pics, but I had to share a few. I'm SUCH a groupie ... we saw tim holtz of Ranger Industries and I got to watch him create a handful of tags up close and personal ... sigh ... I refer to tim as one of the rock stars of the stamping world! A fun time was had by all and we'll be back next year!


No comments: