Thursday, May 20, 2010

warm wishes, mr & mrs

This anniversary card was inspired by the cute "get well soon" robot card in SU's current catty on page 82 and Picture Perfect Creations' PPC13 color challenge - to use basic black, basic gray, green galore, and whisper white on a card. I'd just been telling my stampin' buddy Kimmi about this cute stamp set, Together Forever, as her daughter recently became engaged. I love this dark gray card stock, and the black, white, and a splash of color combination, so this color challenge was right up my alley ... and I hadn't realized 'til now just how close this green was to my blog's background color!

stamps: SU's Full of Life, Hugs & Wishes, Simply Said, and Together Forever; paper: SU's Basic Gray, Green Galore, Whisper White card stocks; ink: Color Box's Silver, Ranger's Black Soot distress ink; accessories: pretty satin ribbon from an unknown ribbon share

8 comments:

Sandy said...

the card is gorgeous!!! It's wedding season upon us and after seeing your card makes me even more sad I don't have this set!! Great job! Thanks for playing at PPC this week!

Paula-Scrap Addict said...

I never would have thought of a wedding card with these colors but you nailed it! Beautiful & fun :-)
~Paula a PPC Creator

Lori Turner said...

I agree with Paula - I would have *never* thought wedding when looking at these colors and you TOTALLY pulled it off! Wow, gorgeous! Thanks for playing with us at PPC!

Lori - PPC Creator

Tamie said...

Oh, I love it! Truly a fantastic wedding card. Way to Go!!! Thanks for joining us this week and I hope to see you next week.

Tamie - PPC Creator.

Allison said...

Wow! I love how elegantly you used this week's PPC colors. This card is absolutely amazing! And that stamp set is definitely on my wish list now!! Thanks for the inspiration!

Jackie said...

It's so pretty. I wouldn't have thought to use the colors for an anniv. card but you did a fabulous job with it. Thanks for playing with us at PPC!

Deirdre said...

Love it... great combo of colours and fun sentiment.

Thanks so much for joining us on Paperplay this week. ♥

Julie M said...

Great card, Sue. Clean and elegant - and I love that scripty font.

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

Julie :o)