Sunday, February 6, 2011

OLW39 You Light Up My Life

Susan Raihala's one-layer-Wednesday challenge this past week was a CAS-ification of a gorgeous card by Vanessa Menhorn that was published in the current issue of Papercrafts Magazine (see page 74 or Susan's post here). Here's another pretty darn literal CAS-ification of it. We were to use 1) an image, 2) a border stamp (or stamped border), and 3) bling (rhinestones or glitter). Hmmnn ... in this case, my image is a stamp and my border ("stamp (or stamped border)") is actually PC-generated using my CK-Ali's Handwriting font and the sentiment, "You light up my life!" repeated for 5 lines, with one highlighted in red ink. I chose to use the 3 bling as the 3 crystals closest to us on the chandelier.

I dunno if this will even qualify for the challenge, but I have another card under way that will if this one doesn't! Thanx for stopping by, regardless. It was fun to get a little inky this afternoon!

stamps: My Mind'e Eye's Lost & Found; paper: The Paper Co's white cards 'n envelope set; ink: Ranger's black soot distress ink; accessories: Hero Arts' asst'd sizes gemstones

1 comment:

Connie B. said...

Love the chandelier. The "diamonds" dangling from it are a nice touch. Simple, but elegant.