Saturday, February 12, 2011

simply sublime

Today's is a birthday card using a cute sub stamp that I picked up recently from the kind folkes at AMuseArtstamps and a Paula Best sun stamp that I'm not sure where I found. One of my favorite shows is Sunday Morning on CBS, and I'm often blown away by the collection of suns they highlight between station breaks. This stamp immediately made me think of my show.

The sub made me think of the Beatles' Yellow Submarine song; it begged to be yellow. I stamped it a few times - once on the card base, again on bright yellow, and a third time on white card stock. I had to color in the propellers silver and made what I think is supposed to look like a window white.

I made the waves using a couple colors - aqua mist and turquoise - using a sponge and a scallop guide I'd punched from a piece of plastic, then kept moving the scallop guide up the card and repeating the sponging. It creates cool waves, don't you think? I think I first spotted this technique on Hero Arts' blog.

stamps: AMuseArtstamps' Simply Sublime, Submarine, Paula Best's a sunshine face, Gina K's Many happy re-turns (inside sentiment); paper: The Paper Co's white card/envelope pack, Staples' white card stock, SU's (so appropriately named) Summer Sun; ink: Ranger's black soot distress ink, PAPERTREYink's aqua mist, SU's Cameo Coral, Pretty in Pink, Summer Sun, Turquoise

No comments: