Monday, January 28, 2008

nat'l bubble wrap appreciation day

yes, that's what my brother e-mailed me this morning ... along with an oh so slightly facetious "do you have a card made for that yet?" question posed to me!

well, it was a challenge, don't you agree? here's a quick one based on Beate's current sketch challenge. I used bubble wrap to ink the background in a few different pink inks.

side note: I recently received my new ATG tape gun wrapped in about 20' of continuous bubble wrap, then shrink-wrapped - no box! I considered that an interesting way to "box" orders! my brother Mark was the recipient of all that bubble wrap ...

and note: are you addicted to popping bubble wrap? try this link for some virtual pops!

stamps: Heidi Swapp love; paper: CTMH pink, white on hand cardstock; ink: ColorBox Burnt Sienna, Rose Coral, Warm Red, StazOn Jet Black; accessories: Prima Got Flowers

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great card and background, Sue!
Thanks for trying out the sketch! Hugs and smiles

Janine said...

Nice card. National bubble wrap day huh !! I should tell my son.. he loves bubble wrap to pop...
Love your stuff..

Silke Ledlow said...

Sue - this technique looks great...I have to try it!!!

We love to pop the wrap too...it's so much fun!!!

Also good luck with your weigh in...keep me posted. You can e-mail me anytime at silkeledlow@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Too beautiful it is.....!! Like Macy's store..........!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh. This is a terrific blog. I love shopping on line and so does everyone so it is a perfect idea for us by using coupons.........!!