Monday, January 14, 2008

sweets for the sweet

I picked up some Valentine's Day M&Ms for last Saturday's Soldier's Angels card-making event which I didn't end up using, so I grabbed these cute tins at Michael's last Saturday (see enabler post, below) and made some treat ornaments.

When the recipient eats all the candy, they're left with an ornament for hanging. I used some asst'd cute paper on hand, traced the tin, trimmed and applied that to the inside bottom and a 1" strip along the inside sides, and about a 1/2" stripe wrapped along the outside's sides. I adhered the paper with Art Accents' Terrifically Tacky Tape, punched a hole thru the top, threaded two ends of a ribbon thru leaving a small loop outside, tied the ends in a knot inside the tin, then filled the tin w candy. Voila!

stamps: Studio G's Happy Valentine's Day sentiment; paper: Imaginisce's Loves Me DP; ink: StazOn Jet Black; accessories: Michael's 3/8" satin ribbon; tools: crop-a-dile

2 comments:

Janine said...

What a great idea... I will have to check out my Michael's and get these little boxes

Have a great weekend.

Janine said...

Hey Sue thanks for entering the contest... HAve a great day !!