Sunday, May 18, 2008

an early Father's Day

My buddies will tell you that I'm usually quite adept at procrastination, but a few challenging blogs inspired me to make PB's Father's Day card early! I'd picked up some pretty blue, cream and greens paisley DP and coordinating ribbon at my fav LSS the other day and thought I'd use it for one of Beate's challenges ... yet ended up pulling it together with vintage violet for a color challenge (I LOVE purples and greens together - it's my absolute favorite color combination and just last week I switched my bathrooms' towels to them). So, the layout's from Jen's SFYTT challenge, the color's from Papertake's color challenge, and the subject's HOT, which is Caardvark's recent subject challenge.

The sentiments both inside and out are PC-generated, using a kewl font I'd picked up from someone's blog called CK_Alis_Writing. I love it and will update this entry if I find it or someone lets me know where it came from. I watercolored the BBQer dude using my Kuretake water blender w SU inks and as usual, pre-poked (izzat a word?) the eyelet holes with the Provo Craft piercing tool my buddy Claudia gave me (thanx, Claud - I can't tell you how often I pick this little baby up!). My sweetie's a BBQer extraordinaire, so this stamp's perfect! All this stamping food's gotten me hungry!

stamps: A Muse Artstamps' BBQer, BBQ tools (inside), Provo Craft's Summertime (ass'td stamps on green cardstock); paper: A1's Natural White cardstock, BasicGrey's Boxer DP, SU's Bashful Blue, Old Olive, and Vintage Violet cardstocks; ink: StazOn's Jet Black, SU's Always Artichoke and Vintage Violet, Versamark, Tri-C watercolor markers; accessories: eyelets from one of Hedgehog Ink's eyelet shares; tools: Kuretake water blender, and don't you just love that Crop-A-Dile?!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that font!! I, too, use computer fonts because there's just too many things to say for rubber stamps to fulfill.

I also noticed that you put shadow behind your man. Or was that an additional stamp? I hope that reminds me to put shadows behind MY images as it made a huge difference.

Mrs Mayne said...

Fabulous card! Glad you are finding the blog inspirational! Thanks for joining us for the PTW challenge! x

Theresa Momber said...

Great card. I love the colors.

Pat said...

You are so cleaver, using this for three challenges. Great idea! I love the card too. I need to start using the pc for card comments, they become unlimited.

Anonymous said...

LOVE this card!! That bbq guy is awesome.

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a great card.