Saturday, May 10, 2008

just back from club mtg

... and here are the cards the lovely and talented Crystal (see link at right) led us in making today! I've already mailed my Mother's Day cards so I'm not sure who'll be the lucky recipient of today's one. We used an awesome stencil that the kind folkes at Stampin' Up! had in their latest catty. I'd ordered it from our last club meeting as I thought I'd cheap out and not bother to purchase the Nesties if I had this for a while ...

Anywho, for the light blue/brown card we used the Punches Plus brass template to both emboss and punch around the square where we'd stamped the little flower from the equally awesome Blooming With Love stamp set (I keep telling myself, I already picked up some flowers in vases sets, and have topiary $1 stamp from Mikes'; do I REALLY need this set?! BUT it keeps calling to me!). I like the effect.
The "celebrate" card used some cute stamps too ... and we watercolored the elephant, then used markers for the flowers. MY elephant has white toenail polish, in case you didn't notice! LOL! We used the Crop-A-Dile to emboss a few circles below that stamp. Both cute ... and quick ... and simple cards! Thanx again, Crystal - both for the cards and letting my Mom, who's up visiting for the weekend, participate today!

No comments: