Monday, May 26, 2008

Let them wear white!

It's Memorial Day Monday ... banks are closed, I'm enjoying a long holiday weekend from work, and it's the unofficial kickoff for Summer vacations (tho' Memorial Day's actually this coming Friday, and the first day of summer's timed with the summer solstice; for most of the US, on June 20)! I can tell it's Summer vacation time 'cuz we're cat-sitting for both our next-door neighbors while one side's out on their boat and the other side's up at their trailer.

I've made this card to kick off Summer. Boy, doesn't it just seem like Spring started?! I swear that time speeds up exponentially as we age!

stamps: A Muse Artstamps' sentiment, Lockhart's Adirondack Chair, ProvoCraft's Summertime, SU's Sun Moon & Stars; paper: A1's Natural White CS, SU's Whisper White and Tempting Turquoise CS; ink: StazOn Jet Black, SU's Bashful Blue, Creamy Caramel, More Mustard, Old Olive, Sage Shadow and Summer Sun; accessories: beach umbrella from prom decorations of a prom held at the school where I work (thanx again, Kim); tools: brayer (my first attempt - I'll get better at this, right?!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love that card. I don't suppose that you would actually MAIL it, would you? Right now I'm fighting with my camera because when I photograph a card it makes the middle of the card bulge out.

Anonymous said...

Fantatic card!! Great idea that umbrella!!

Greetings from Holland.

~* Donna *~ said...

hi there, im sorry i've had to remove your post from Tilda & Co , as your work must include atleast 1 Magnolia Rubber Stamp used, and i can't see any sign of this on your card, But if i do have it wrong then please get in touch so i can correct this.

SueB said...

I guess I'm going to be dropping this one off at the intended's home, eh?! That umbrella was too cute to resist but it's Oh So BULKY!
grins,
- SueB

Erum Tasneem said...

Ah this is a great card! Good use of the lil umberella!