Sunday, September 26, 2010

family ... and Follett

The bookstore where I work (insert shameless plug for Kettering University here) is participating in a rent-a-text program and handing out free temporary tats in a promotion that in turn inspired today's card. I thought the postcard containing the tat looked nice and vintage-y and would work in a card using one of my fav color combos - black, white, and a splash of color - red being a personal fav! I made this 5-1/4" square card with a few stamps from a recent outing to support the local economy - in this case, Capture-a-Memory - tho' I picked up this stamp set specifically for the chandeliers (ha! spelled right on my first try! see? my college education really is working!) and ended up not using 'em on this one. The "remember" or "pointing" finger is a cute one that'll be used lots, I'm sure. Anywho, I'll have to pass the tat along to my DS who's attending a different college - UM-Flint - so he can be artsy and submit a photo to the contest! $1K grand prize and five categories winning $250 bookstore gift cards - sounds like a winner to me!

stamps: My Mind's Eye's Union Square; paper: Paper Reflections' black, Staples' white, SU's Real Red card stocks; ink: Ranger's black soot distress ink

No comments: