Saturday, December 4, 2010

at the movies - Burlesque

My Mom and I took in a movie and eats Saturday while I visited, and saw Burlesque. Suffice to say, small town girl moves to California, struggles, and makes good - it's tried and true movie storyline and works well. Predictable, but if you like musicals, or for that matter, Cher, Christina Aguilera, Cabaret, Chicago, or Flashdance, see this one; you won't be dissapointed! Boy, these ladies can SING, and the dancing's great too! I'm giving it 4.5 of 5 stars.

And, let me just ask for the sake of asking ... could everyone else who was enjoying supper at the Dearborn Olive Garden have driven themselves and met their friends there? The parking lot was filled to capacity but there was only a 10 minute wait (actually, that's what they told us, but all we did was stop in the restroom and the buzzer gizmo was already telling me that our table was ready) and the restaurant wasn't packed ... and while I'm on the restaurant review (we loved their soup, salad, and breadsticks, by the way!), can you tell me why it is that people with crying children don't have the decency to get up and walk their fussy kids in another area where they won't disturb others? I'm always amazed at people who bring babies to restaurants and theaters. We had a crier in the movie (thankfully, not for long periods) and another at the restaurant (thankfully again, located on the other side of the place so we only heard the pretty continuous screaming from a distance) ... I'm just sayin' ... and the movies are LOUD! I can't imagine it good for a tiny baby's ears, let alone ours, sometimes!

No comments: