Wednesday, December 29, 2010

yikes! stripes!

Remember that commercial's song, "Yipes, Stripes! Beech Nut's got 'em!"? Well, stripes is the current Tuesday Trigger challenge from Cath Edvalson of Moxie Fab World and Paper Crafts fame. Here's my first Valentine's Day card of the year ... and it's all about the striped popped-up background in non-traditional colors for my guy's card this year.

This is a non-traditional size for me as well - 4-1/2" square - as I'd lost my source of free larger rectangular envelopes that I used to use for my former 6" square cards. I dunno why I hadn't thought of making square cards a bit smaller earlier! This size will fit into my regular A2-sized envelopes.

stamps: Technique Tuesday's Loving Words by Ali Edwards; paper: SU's Kiwi Kiss, Sahara Sand card stocks; ink: Ranger's black soot distress ink; accessories: Heidi Swapp's time crazy life tape

4 comments:

Sarah Bruneski said...

Beautiful! I love how the stamped sentiment is carried onto the mat!

Helen F. said...

WOW, fun Valentine card. Love the stripes and the the color combo you used here.

Anonymous said...

Love that non traditional colors!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Sue! What a fun approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)