Tuesday, August 7, 2007

welcome baby

At work things come up that - how shall we put this? - are outside of my regular work duties ... I call 'em "other duties as assigned." My boss knows I'm into scrapping and card-making, and has been known to pick up things she thinks may be useful to me (keep it up, Susan ... hint, hint ;-) wink)! I, on the other hand, reciprocate when she needs cards for special occasions.

I made this card for her neice's baby shower earlier this summer - outside of regular work hours, 'natch! I used a Jolee's 3D baby carriage, some Mrs Grossman's laser stickers, Karen Foster ricrac, Suzy's Zoo patterned paper, Stampin' Up! brads and asst'd velum, ribbon and cardstock.

A gal at work (hi Jeanette!) taught Susan how to transform a pretty hankie into a baby bonnet with just a few quick stitches ... hence the kewl poem on the inside of the card. It's now Susan's stock baby gift - and a pretty kewl one at that, eh?!

No comments: