Tuesday, November 11, 2008

life's a beach

... and then you retire! I made this card for my boss to give to our CIO who just retired. No stamps were damaged in the making of this card; it's a paper and digital crafted item ... ok, with some Jolee's items tossed in!

Does the idea of the Silhouette intrigue others besides me? When I lifted the title text from a Jolee's title wave I was thinking I could print whatever titles I liked IF I'd purchased one by now ... sigh ...

I lifted the overall design from his farewell party invite and retired-life-cards he distributed at one of the parties folkes threw for him at work.

My DH suggested the "sand" - it's Canadian steak seasoning, so after Jim reads the card, he can eat it ... nah, I actually ended up coating it w Mod Podge, so I wouldn't recommend eating it later! The sun is sprayed w Gold Glimmer Mist. I did a "This is You Life" for the inside of the card, w 6 pages showing pics lifted from his college yearbooks, pics from the frat house he was in, added logos of different places he'd worked before becoming our CIO, etc. so it's more like a mini photo album than a card. Hope he likes it!

2 comments:

Catherine said...

pretty cool how you made your card so this must smell good

Janine said...

What a great card Sue!!!
Hope all is well ! Have a great day!