Friday, July 24, 2009

a gals day out

We don't do this often enough but yesterday my sister and Mom visited and we took in a matinee movie. I'd flex'd my time at work and went in early so we could catch the 4:45 p.m. show; they met me at my house so I didn't have to take any vacation time and the movie time gave them the opportunity to head homeward in daylight driving conditions. They missed mac 'n cheese supper at my house but we stopped at McDonald's for their sundaes on the way home and had dessert first. We're only 45 minutes apart from each other but my sis works weekends and I work weekdays so it severely restricts our "gals day out" outings. So Sis, what's next on your chick-flick list that we should check out? This was fun!

We all liked this one, and knew in advance it was described as a tear-jerker. Tho' it was a bit predictable I think everyone in it was really good. I don't think I'd ever seen anything with Jason Patric or Sofia Vassilieva and liked them both; they were both really good without over-acting their parts. You don't want to read imdb's movie synopsis before heading to see this one unless you take their "spoiler alert" warning seriously. Suffice to say that the family's youngest daughter hires an attorney to obtain medical emancipation from her parents who've had her in order to help their leukemia-stricken first-born daughter remain alive.

No comments: