Sunday, July 5, 2009

happy anniversary Robin & Chad

My cousin's wedding anniversary is tomorrow and this weekend I made this card for them utilizing two retired stamp sets I just bought gently used. (I LOVE this time of year, don't you? ... whenever a new catty's released I quickly scramble to see who's unloading retired stamps that I like but never got around to purchasing!) I've not seen my cousin Robin in ages ... MAYBE not since she got married, come to think of it - BAD cousins! My folkes took an extended vacation and I think drove to their wedding, but my sis' & I flew together - a quick in and out by ourselves - sans husbands & kids - and stayed at the same hotel as my folkes. How time flies, y'know?!

No sketch used for this one (I know, shocker, eh?!) - just a simple & elegant card to mark the occasion. I toyed with the idea of adding some small pearls, but to quote my DH, "less is less!" Here's the inside sentiment:

stamps: SU's Beautiful Borders, Congrats, Warm Words; paper: A1's Natural White, SU's Kiwi Kiss card stocks; ink: SU's Kiwi Kiss, StazOn's Jet Black; accessories: SU's kiwi / ivory 2-sided satin ribbon; tools: ek success' scallop diamond edger punch

2 comments:

Claudia said...

Another beautiful card, and I love the sentiments.

toners said...

Absolutely beautiful, Sue!