Sunday, November 14, 2010

let it snow!

Personally, the snow can hold off 'til Thanksgiving ... or even later, IMHO! I love the change of seasons but sometimes think winter's a tad too long here in Michigan! I'd like it if all the seasons were equal in duration, and we could have winter weather limited to December thru February! I remember one Thanksgiving in particular, when we had the family to our house (my brother usually hosts Easter, and my sister and I trade off Thanksgiving and Christmas hosting), when our house backed up to woods (we've another street that's since been developed behind us), and it started gently snowing. My sister thought it was picture-perfect! It IS pretty, and I love the quiet it provides when the snow insulates the ground.

Today's sentiment is from a new embossing panel I purchased while supporting the local and not-so-local economy at the Great Scrapbook Events Scrapping & Stamping Show in Birch Run this past Friday. There are 6 sentiments in all, combined together, but one can cut them out carefully to use separately as well. I matted it on some PTI night sky shimmer card stock and popped it up from another matted panel of snowflakes that I had on hand. The snowflake set is from a Sizzix die I picked up on sale at Jo-Ann's recently. I have a couple Martha Stewart snowflake punches but they're the same size, and I like the layered look they provide - though it may be a bit hard to see them here, what with all the white-on-white I used on this card. Methinks I'm snow blinded by it!

paper: PTI's night sky shimmer, Staples' white card stocks; tools: unknown circle and McGill button-hole punches, and Cuttlebug w Crafts-Too's Christmas Greetings, Cuttlebug's Snowflakes, and Sizzix Sizzlit's Snowflakes #15 embossing folders, and a bit of atyou's Spica pen on the snowflake punches that doesn't show up much on the photo

2 comments:

Erum Tasneem said...

such an elegant card!

Kimi said...

Beeeeauuutiful. Me thinks it is a favorite.