Sunday, November 28, 2010

welcome baby Lillian!

My boss called upon me to make another baby hankie card for her. We partner in crime occasionally, and she makes these STINKIN' CUTE baby bonnets from fancy hankies to accompany a poem that I then insert into the card that I make for the happy occasion. I'd picked up this used SU stamp set thinking I'd use it the next time my services were requested.

You can't tell from the picture as I used a pastel to ink the baby buggy, but it repeats the word "baby" thruout, and Rusty Pickle's "baby" definition is the background on the base of the card. The poem's printed in a soft brown on vellum card stock, and mounted with brads onto a Blush Blossom card stock for the inside sentiment. See below the deets for the poem, as I realize I've never posted it!

stamps: Rusty Pickle's Girl Definition Stamp, SU's Full of Life (another used find), Oh, My Word; paper: SU's Candy Lane DP, SU's Blush Blossom and Staples' white card stocks; ink: VersaMark, SU's Blush Blossom, Close to Cocoa; tools: Cuttlebug w Spellbinders' Labels 8 Nestie die, Pink Hedgehog Paper Crafts' taffy brads


The baby hankie bonnet poem follows (sweet, eh?!):

I'm just a little hankie, as square as square can be,
But with a stitch or two someone made a bonnet out of me.
To be worn home from the hospital or on the christening day,
Then carefully pressed and neatly tucked away.

Then on the wedding day, so we have all been told,
Every well-dressed bride must have something that is old.
And what would be more fitting than to find little old me,
A few stitches snipped and a wedding hankie I'll be.

And if per chance it is a boy, and someday he will wed,
To his bride he can present the hankie once worn on his head.