Sunday, April 13, 2008

happy b'day Garrett!


My son's birthday is fast approaching and I made him this card. The jean exterior is SO Garrett that I had to grab that stamp when I first spotted it. This is my first attempt at a collage card, used for the interior of this one in response to a collage challenge the kind folkes at Hero Arts' blog issued recently. It was fun to try out! I stamped the jeans image twice and popped up the pocket and belt tabs, and overdid the walnut stain a bit around the edges, then inked the edges of the DP to make faux stitching around the edges and folded it into the pocket to look like a bandana. I was a bit bummed that the gift card didn't fit the pocket better, but I don't think that'll matter at ALL to Garrett, do you?! LOL! I downloaded that beautiful Scriptina font (used for words gifts, cake, wishes) and printed the b'day sentiment from my PC, but the rest of the collage is from various stamps.
Omigosh! Has it really been a week since I last posted?! Where DOES the time fly?

stamps: Hero Arts' Birthday Definition, Inkadinkadoo's diamond prints, script, and butterfly/timepiece portion of another collage stamp, a Judi Kins' jeans, and SU's Genuine Articles; paper: A1 Cardstock's Natural White, CTMH's Outdoor Denim, SU's craft cardstocks, Keepsake Essential's bandana print DP; ink: CTMH's Outdoor Denim, Hampton Arts' Vibrance, SU's Always Artichoke, and Tim Holtz's Faded Jeans and Walnut Stain distress inks, and GellyRoll white pen (thanx, Claud!)

1 comment:

Heather said...

I love the pocket card. I also like the collage card. Collage can be such a challenge for me- I admire those who can get it right (like you!)