Sunday, March 14, 2010

a couple of mini digis

Sad news: I've lost my local source of free large (5-1/2 x 7-1/4") envelopes (tip I've shared in the past - most square cards can be mailed in these using a regular first class stamp) so decided to try a new (to me) 4-1/4" square size cards. This smaller size card will fit into my regular card envelopes that I purchase in quantity at JoAnn's or Mike's on a regular basis. The university's bookstore where I work (insert shameless plug here for Kettering University) had previously been a Hallmark outlet, and offered customers extra envelopes on request. I'd offered once to purchase a box, but the kind folkes working there said not to bother; to just pick up a few every once in a while. Well, my supply was dwindling so I stopped in the other day only to learn that they'd switched card suppliers. Sigh ...

... but I digress ... so, today's cards were inspired by my latest tee from Threadless - cute dandy lions, eh?! I thought they were a remembrance of spring, so decided to make a Welcome Spring card (inside sentiment: Bidding winter a fond farewell ... in like a lion ... and out like a lamb!). And then I happened upon a nice inspirational quote that made me think of a friend whose DH is ill - "Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow." - Mary Anne Radmacher, so I made another. The matted picture is popped up using dimensionals. Today's post is a rare two-fer.

stamps: n/a - a digi card; paper: SU's soft suede, very vanilla card stocks; ink: PC-generated sentiments

1 comment:

Kimmi said...

Love the stamp - love the cards - love the sentiment. Love love love