Sunday, August 7, 2011

apple of my eye

Here's a card incorporating my first attempt at coloring using Faber-Castell's Mix & Match Gelatos, which my stamping buddy Pat and I tried our hand at during a stop at one of the booths at this past weekend's Heirloom stamp show in Novi MI. They seemed the consistency and size of lipstick tubes, and we used them similar to how you'd use watercolor crayons. I used their green, red, and yellow for the apples in the picture. We used yellow and drew a few stripes across all three apples, then used red and green additionally in the two left-most apples and blended each of the apples using a paintbrush and water. We dabbed the paintbrush against the green gelato to pick up enough color to color in the leaf. Easy peasy! My colors are all rather muted and work for the current Embellish Mag color challenge when adding the kraft card base! And I had the sentiment at home in an inexpensive clear stamp set from Oriental Trading. I left the inside of the card blank to use for a note later.

Have you tried these gelatos yet? And what's your take on them?

stamps: Lockhart Stamp Co's pefect apples, Oriental Trading's fruit salad; paper: A1 Neenah white, Paper Reflections' black, SU's Crumb Cake card stocks; ink: Ranger's black soot distress ink

4 comments:

farmhouse-story said...

i haven't tried these yet, but you've done a great job with them, sue! soft and pretty:)

Unknown said...

pretty card!

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Just like a work of hard! Very pretty. Thanks for taking on Embellishes Coloring Color Trends Challenge!

Cheryl said...

Great card! I haven't tried these but you did a great job.