Thursday, January 12, 2012

I Used To Believe

I read a great post on The Lettered Cottage this a.m. about a site Layla ran across called I Used To Believe. It's a collection of funny and bizarre ideas that adults thought were true when they were children.

A sampling:
Thunder is created because of the collision of clouds.” -Anonymous

There is large factory in the largest city near my hometown that has an impressive smokestack. When I was little, I thought that the factory was where clouds came from.” -Anonymous

Want a fun trip down Memory Lane? Or to share one of yours? I just did!
My Mom used to set up our plastic bowling pin set in the long hallway in our house when it was storming, and when we heard thunder it was because an angel had bowled a strike (yeah, I believed her)! It was many years later I learned we bowled w the angels because she was frightened by storms.

No comments: