Friday, August 29, 2008

Paradise found

Last night I got together with friends to scrap and Micki led us in the making of this cute mini tag book. All the materials were cut in advance and we got to select our brads, cardstock, papers, and ribbons - all I know to report for deets is that they're mainly CTMH supplies.

It was my first time using a pretty cool pivot point stapler that's offered in their catty. I generally feel that the more working parts you have in something, the more room for error you get (I put off ordering automatic ice makers in my earlier fridges for this reason) - BUT this stapler worked nice and smoothly! We used it to staple the pages and cardstock cover to the acrylic outer cover. Where in the past I would have had to curl pages under to fit them under a standard stapler to reach the binding, we just inserted the stapler at the top of the little book and then swiveled the stapler mechanism to staple sideways. Voila! The only thing that would've make it uber cool would be making it a bit longer so that you could easily staple in the middle section of a slightly larger booklet ... for example, if you put together a booklet that was 5-1/2 x 8-1/2" in size. I give it 4-1/2 out of a possible 5 star rating!

No comments: