Sunday, May 3, 2009

let the sun shine!

It was SUCH a beautiful sunny weekend in my neck of the woods! Hope you had a t'riffic one too!

I ended up making just one card this weekend, inspired by Toni's treat box and Lynn's window card. It's based on two challenges - it's a yellow sunny card for Sharon's yellow ssnotime85 challenge and it's based on Keri Lee's CPS114 sketch challenge (below). I guess you could call this one a "golden" oldie as the stamp set's a retired SU set I bought used last year and I worked it mainly in yellows and oranges.

Buying my stamp sets used works out well for all involved 'cuz demos are looking to purge retired sets to enable them to then buy the latest and greatest, and it's enabled me to purchase at least a third of my stamp sets after the new cattys are released.

stamps: A Muse Artstamps' sentiment, SU's Sun, Moon & Stars; studio g inside sentiment; paper: SU's Haiku DP, Really Rust cardstock; ink: SU's So Saffron and Really Rust; tools: Spellbinders' Standard Petite Circles Nesties and dimensionals, SU's slit punch

1 comment:

Beth said...

That's lovely!