Tuesday, May 26, 2009

ride, Sally Ride

I made this card in celebration of Sally Ride's birthday, born this day in 1951. In June 1983 astronaut Sally Ride became the first American woman to travel into outer space. The first woman to travel into outer space was Valentina Tereshkova of Russia, 20 years earlier.

The inside's blank for now ... what d'ya think of "I love you to the moon and back!" - something I used to tell my kids when they were little!

stamps: Rollagraph's Celestial Bodies (top left of card ... maybe I'll color the moon in using a silver sparkly gel pen 'cuz it doesn't show up very well here), SU's Loads of Love Accessories; paper: Fancy Pants Designs' Expression DP; ink: StazOn Jet Black, studio g silver, Tri-C watercolor markers

2 comments:

Jan Scholl said...

I was the first American female to go into outer space when my real family came back for me after losing me years before on a Milky Way excursion. I was 14 when they returned in the 60's. They took me for a couple laps around Mars, figured out I was too weird for words and dumped me back here in the Flint area. I hate my life. Where is my family and why don't they want me back???

Michele Kovack said...

So cute!!! I think that sentiment would be perfect!