Sunday, June 28, 2009

thanx Mom!

I've seen some of these mainly "white space" cards using white or kraft card stock, a trio of images, and blocked-in sentiment lately, and thought it'd be a nice format for a thank-you card to my Mom, who treated me to lunch last weekend. I took the ribbon from a plant this weekend that I'd received as a gift and thought it'd be nice ribbon to recycle. Those who know me know I'm a pack rat. I'm always thinking of other uses to recycle things!

edited to add: I just located the sketch - it's based on Clean & Simple's FTL46 and Stamping 411's SSC108 sketch challenges!

The pink crocheted flowers were from an Etsy shop find at Buttons & Such. If you stop in, tell Ruth I sent ya (and maybe add that she should give me a discount! she's got some wonderful gray and cream buttons I'd like!).

stamps: Technique Tuesday's loving words; paper: unknown white card stock; ink: Sakura's black callipen, StazOn's Jet Black; accessories: unknown ribbon, Buttons & Such's crocheted flowers

9 comments:

Natasha said...

Wow! This is stunning!

Bethany Paull said...

Those are fabulous. The perfect little accents to put in your box with sentiment. This is really beautiful!

TinkerWare said...

This is darling, love it.

Andrea said...

What a darling card. Your mom will LOVE it. Cute idea.

Tanja Fussell said...

This is so beautiful! Your mom will LOVE it!

Selene Kempton said...

Gorgeous! Congrats on making the 411 stampers showcase! Thanks for playing along!

Helen said...

Gosh - what an elegant card. Very pretty indeed.

katou said...

Waouhh !! too beautiful card,I love it so much.
Katou

Germaine Ferrao -Lenn said...

Simple and elegant card so gorgeous, TFS and congrats on being on the stampers showcase! HUgs always!