Tuesday, June 2, 2009

welcome, Baby Chloe!

Here's another "welcome baby" card for my boss Susan to give to a prior babysitter who recently had her first child. Susan forwarded me a picture of baby Chloe, who was born a few weeks premature this past week, so I switched from my original plan of using yellows and greens to yellows and pinks. I had a "eureka" moment and printed the baby's picture in 50% opacity for the inside of the card, then printed the baby poem on vellum cardstock and mounted it over the picture, tieing them together with a matching ribbon to that used on the front of the card. Then I used the palest of pinks for the base of the card - it's a plain pink digi I made in PhotoShop - and used SU's So Saffron for the little inchie panels.

Want a tip? I wanted two shades of yellow but didn't have another that went with the So Saffron ... so I dragged an opaque white stamp pad across 3 of the squares and voila! a whiter shade of pale (tee hee ... ref to Procol Harum ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbWULu5_nXI) ... yellow, that is!

The layout's based on CP sketch#14 and inspired by the lovely and talented Tracy Schultz.

stamps: n/a; paper: BasicGrey's Porcelain DP, SU's So Saffron, Vellum and unknown white cardstocks; ink: VersaMagic's Cloud White, PC-generated sentiments; accessories: unknown dotted swiss pink ribbon, a few baby outfit pop-ups from a prior baby shower invite pkg; tool: MS lace doily border punch

2 comments:

toners said...

Sue, this is beautiful!! What a pretty shade of yellow, and you did a fabulous job with the sketch! Hope you're well!

Maria Studer-Jernigan said...

That turned out so beautiful Sue! I love doing the small blocks on card fronts they are a awesome way of using up scraps! I really liked how you inked over the yellow squares to ligthen the color, nice touch. You go GF! :)