Sunday, August 8, 2010

white on white

Sigh ... I love white on white, and ivory on ivory, and ... well, you get the drift. This is slightly altered from today's make-'n-take from the lovely and talented Karen of Karen's Creative Stamping in Burton MI. We (me 'n my stamping buds, Pat and Kim) took a baby flip book class (more on that later) Friday evening, and I called ahead to see if we might be able to also do our Saturday morning make-'n-take. Karen had offered that option to us the LAST time we took a Friday evening class.

Anywho, I'm a fan of the CAS lines. This card was meant to have a rectangle-cut piece of DP in the center of the card front, but I chose to eliminate that step, and trimmed my cake on platter image to be a bit more rectangle-y. I love that we used a clear stickles in the impressions of the popped up image, too. Sweet in more ways than one, eh?!

low on deets today - I'm lovin' this cake image and methinks I MAY have that one in my stash of Cuttlebug embossing folders, tho' ... yep, just back from a quick search and I DO - it's Cuttlebug's Wedding Marriage set of 4 folders (hey, this is the first time that I've noticed that they had a typo in their packaging ... they called that set their "Wedding Mariage" set (w one "r")!). Otherwise, deets include unknown white card stock, unknown embossing folder, unknown ribbon, and unknown stickles

IF you're curious, the other 3 plates to that embossing folder set include a cute wedding couple, a pair of champagne glasses, and wedding bells. I'll be bringing 'em in to work so that I can have show-'n-tell w Danielle, Kim's daughter, so that she can see whether she'd like to borrow any of them when she starts working on her wedding invites. You can see a sample of 'em here.

Thanx for stopping by!

1 comment:

Claudia said...

I love this card, Sue. (I like the white-on-white too.)