Monday, July 25, 2011

a literal take on CTD151

A literal take, here's my card for this week's color throw down challenge, CTD151. I simply expanded the color challenge snippet, found a small butterfly punch from my stash, punched out butterflies, and assembled the card. The stamp's a used one I picked up recently (thanx, Tiff) and has over 20 sentiments in a mix of print and script - I love that style! I pick up most of my stamps used, usually annually when SU updates their catty!


It's headed to my favorite youngest brother, who went w my Mom and I to the movies today. It was a special treat for me, as I'd thought it was going to be just me 'n Mom for a gals' day out outing. He called us en route to suggest he pick up the tickets as he was already at the mall - in the Sears at the south end of the mall, whereas the movie theater's at the north end. I told Mom to let him know that I'd treat to eats afterward. After the movie (ok, yes ... I saw HP7:Pt2 AGAIN), we ended up heading to a local Fuddruckers for yummy burgers, and then went our separate ways. I live an hour and a half north of them, so I was homeward bound, and Mark took Mom out grocery shopping before bringing her back home. He lives a couple miles from Mom and is an absolute Godsend as he's the first line of support for her ... pays her bills, does her taxes, shovels the driveway, mows the yard, takes her grocery shopping, etc. Have I told you lately how appreciated you are, Mark? Love you!

stamps: Waltzing Mouse's Sweethearts; paper: Staples' bright white card stock; ink: PC-generated and Ranger's black soot distress ink; tools: Punch Bunch butterfly punch

1 comment:

Kristin Eberline said...

Beautiful butterflies! I love this creative idea!

Thanks for playing along with the Color Throwdown this week!!